Due to floodwaters inside the premises of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) brought about by monsoon rains, which resulted in the inaccessibility of its website and online services, PRC today announced the following changes in the schedules of licensure examinations and other matters:
RESCHEDULING OF APPLICATION DEADLINE AND LICENSURE EXAMINATIONS
1. Deadline for the filing of applications for the licensure examinations of Guidance Counselors and Medical Technologists is extended to Friday, August 17, 2012.
2. The physician licensure examination is reset to August 18-19 and 25-26, 2012. The program of the physician licensure examination in Manila, Cebu and Davao Cities will be as follows:
- Saturday, August 18 Biochemistry, Anatomy and Histology and Microbiology
- Sunday, August 19 Physiology, Legal Medicine, Ethics and Medical Jurisprudence and Pathology
- Saturday, August 25 Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Surgery and Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology and Rhinology and Medicine
- Sunday, August 26 Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics and Nutrition, Preventive Medicine and Public Health
Examinees for the physician licensure examination are advised to verify their room assignments from the PRC website starting Monday, August 13, 2012.
3. Licensure examination for Metallurgical Engineers is rescheduled to August 25-27, 2012.
4. The Walk in Examinations for Marine Deck and Marine Engine Officers scheduled on Friday, August 10, 2012 and Saturday, August 11, 2012 are cancelled. Examinees on these dates and those who were originally scheduled on August 7, 8, and 9 are advised to coordinate with the Maritime Office of the PRC at Tel. No. 7331046 (Marine Engine Officers Division) and 7362253 (Marine Deck Officers Division) for the rescheduling of their examinations. WES examinees in Iloilo are advised to coordinate with the Regional Office for rescheduling.
The PRC also announced that the licensure examination for veterinary medicine will push through as scheduled on August 26-28, 2012. The oath taking for new pharmacists will also proceed as scheduled tomorrow, August 10, 2012, 1 p.m., at the Fiesta Pavilion of Manila Hotel. Those who cannot attend the oath-taking ceremony are advised that they may take their oath before the officials and Commissioners of the PRC in Manila or before the Regional Directors of the 10 regional offices of PRC.
PRC IDENTIFICATION CARDS
Professionals whose Identification Cards were due for release on August 7-10, 2012 are advised to claim their IDs starting Thursday, August 16, 2012. IDs ready for release will be posted in the PRC website starting Monday, August 13, 2012.
PRC OFFICE CLOSED TOMORROW
Due to maintenance work to be made on its server and electrical supply, PRC will be closed to the public tomorrow, Friday, August 10, 2012. All transactions will resume on Monday, August 13, 2012.